Thursday, January 15, 2015

Oscar Nominated Animated Shorts (2014)

It's time to go through the Oscar nominations again! The past three years I made analyses of the Oscar nominated short films, which I really enjoy doing, so here I go again!

Below is a list of the animated short films that got nominated and the people that got credited for it.

In the posts that are to follow I'll cover a synopsis of the short film, it's accomplishments, a bit of backstory about the makers and my personal analysis too, I'll just see what I can find!
(Full list of Oscar nominees can be found here: http://oscar.go.com/nominees )


Animated short film nominations:

The Bigger Picture
Daisy Jacobs and Christopher Hees















The Dam Keeper
Robert Kondo and Dice Tsutsumi















Feast
Patrick Osborne and Kristina Reed















Me and My Moulton
Torill Kove















A Single Life
Joris Oprins















I'll be very interested in seeing all of these in the future! The Bigger Picture seems really promising in both story and art departments, and as a fan of everything I've seen from The Dam Keeper I'm not surprised to see it appear on this list! I've got a bit of national pride for A Single life, being made by Dutch people and all! But I'll try to be as objective as possible when looking into all of these, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment