Saturday, March 22, 2014

Peanuts

Who else got excited when they found out there is a trailer for a 3D Snoopy feature film?! For a movie called Peanuts, the trailer doesn't feature a whole lot of Peanuts though.

Especially the visual style looks great. I really appreciate that they dare to do something so different from the now almost predictable Pixar 3D style. I think the simplicity works really well!

For a freeze frame analyses on the animation techniques used in this trailer, head on over to (recommended!): http://www.filmdivider.com/freeze-frame-deconstructing-the-old-school-hand-drawn-techniques-of-the-new-cg-peanuts-trailer/

My only concern is that this looks like it is really only targeted at children. I say this because of the almost constant high energy level in this trailer, if they kept this up for a whole movie I'd go insane. I hope they do attempt to entertain adults, because I intend to give it a watch! I wonder what kind of story they've got in store for us.

It's scheduled to premier in November 2015. It is being produced by Blue Sky Studios.





No comments:

Post a Comment