Thursday, January 16, 2014

Oscar Nominated Animated Shorts (2013)

It's time to go through the Oscar nominations again! The past two years I made analyses of the Oscar nominated short films and I really enjoyed doing that, so I'm here continuing that tradition!

Below is a list of the animated short films that got nominated and the people that got credited for it. In the posts that are to follow I'll cover a synopsis of the short film, it's accomplishments, my personal analysis and a bit of backstory about the makers too, I'll just see what I can find!
(Full list of Oscar nominees can be found here: http://oscar.go.com/nominees )


Animated short film nominations:

Feral
Daniel Sousa and Dan Golden












Get a Horse!
Lauren MacMullan and Dorothy McKim















Mr. Hublot
Laurent Witz and Alexandre Espigares












Possessions
Shuhei Morita












Room on the Broom
Max Lang and Jan Lachauer












I'm quite excited about this mix! There is quite a bit of variety again, with 2D and 3D and stopmotion contenders. I've seen only the last one on this list, so I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of them and looking into the backstories!

No comments:

Post a Comment