Friday, March 29, 2013

Animator Jeff Gabor

I blame this guy for making me want to get into the film industry, haha. Before having seen his work I was just a student of game design who had created her first walkcycles not too long ago, wanting to work in some field in the game industry. This guy really inspired me and I just love his work!
He shares quite a lot of his work online too, making him the perfect animator for a feature. I chose to feature the below videos because they're three different ways to look at his workflow,


Comparison reel - Horton Hears a Who
Awesome character acting and so cartoony and appealing!



Evolution reel day by day Tango - Ice Age: Continental Drift



Webcast with Animschool
He created a video together with Animschool where he talks about his workflow and the progress on a shot he created. Here's the first of six parts:



There's a bunch more of his work out there which I recommend looking up. For example his graduation reel that landed him a job at Blue Sky, great stuff!

Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/jeffgabor/videos
Blog: http://jeffgabor.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment