Thursday, January 10, 2013

Oscar nominated animated short films

Hey there! A Happy Newyear to all :D I hoped you've all had nice holidays!

Soooo, I haven't posted in a while. It wasn't because I was slacking off or because it was the holidays, it was because I went away New Zealand for a month and only just got back. Before that I was doing preparations, had my drivers license exams, I've had to deal with the passing of a beloved grandma and some other things.

In all it's been a pretty hectic two months to say the least, but I'm back now and right on time to go through the Oscar nominations. Last year I did this too and loved seeing and analyzing the animated short films in particular, so I'll be repeating that this year.

So below is a list of the animated short films that got nominated and the people that got credited for it. In the posts that are to follow I'll cover a synopsis of the short film, it's accomplishments, my personal judgement and a bit of backstory about the makers too, I'll just see what I can find!
(Full list of Oscar nominees can be found here: http://oscar.go.com/nominees )



Animated short film nominations:

Adam and Dog
Minkyu Lee









Fresh Guacamole
PES












Head Over Heels
Timothy Reckart and Fodhla Cronin O'Reilly












Maggie Simpson in 'The Longest Daycare'
David Silverman













Paperman
John Kahrs















Well that looks like it's got quite a bit of variation! Might be hard picking a favorite for the Oscars. I actually haven't seen any of these short films just yet, so some might not be freely available to put on my blog. We'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment