Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Animation Insiders

I don't feel guilty about promoting this book, because it's absolutely free. Anyone can download it on their website which you can find if you click the below link.
http://squeezestudio.com/animation-insiders.html

I've adored this book for a while, but forgot to post something on it! I would post on The Animators Survival Kit (by Richard Williams) or The Illusion of life (by two of Disney's Nine Old Men, Ollie Johnston and Frank Thomas), but I figure most of you know these by now, amiright. This little gem however is little known, even though it's a huge inspiration to me any time I open it.

Animation Insiders is a book by animators for animators filled with animation knowledge, advice and anecdotes! I read parts of it sometimes to get inspired and motivated. It helps because the 13 incredible animators that wrote a few pages in it tell about their own trials and tribulations, and it makes me realize that we all have our own paths to follow. They tell their own stories, how they got to be greater animators and they explain how they approach their animation. Sometimes when I read it, it provides me with an idea of something that I want to try in animation, other times it just inspires me to keep at it and other times it teaches me something new. For whatever reason you open this, I'm sure it'll help you on your animation path!





No comments:

Post a Comment