Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Artist and Ice Age

Ofcourse we all know Ice Age, and some of you may know The Artist, and you may wonder why I would ever make a post about the both of them. Well it was a trailer of one that made me curious about the other!

The Artist
If you've seen the Oscar nominations you might've heard about it, just as I had, as it's nominated for a total of 10 Oscars, which include Best Picture, Best Actor in Leading Role, Best Actress in Supporting Role and Cinematography. I don't know about you but I hadn't looked further into it, if I had known what it was to begin with I certainly would have done it earlier on!
The Artist is a silent movie in black and white and I regret to say I've only seen the trailer at this point. It really caught my attention when I found out it was silent, because this allows us to fully concentrate on the movement. The whole movie is carried by movement and music alone. When the film was made they must have payed an enormous amount of attention to the movements, emotion through body language and gestures to get their message across just like us animators try to do. So this movie gives us a great opportunity for observing just that! This should be a great source of inspiration and could serve very well as reference material!






Ice Age
So... The thing that got me to look into The Artist is the featurette below. It's called The ScrATIST and is an Ice Age parody on The Artist. It's a great watch and it made me look forward to the newest Ice Age movie "Continental Drift" which will be released this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment