Friday, February 3, 2012

Animated Short Oscar Nominees 1/5 - Demanche

In light of what I posted two days ago, on the topic of sharing short films, I went and did some digging on the topic of short films and I don't know how I could have missed this! For the Oscars (as in the awards) there is a short film category! I wanted to post short films that could do with more attention, which these obviously don't, but they have all done things to deserve these awards, so I figured I might as well dedicate some blog posts to it!

The first one is "Dimanche" (meaning Sunday) by Patrick Doyon. The maker describes it in the following:
"Every Sunday, it's the same old routine! The train clatters through the village and almost shakes the pictures off the wall. In the church, Dad dreams about his toolbox. And of course later Grandma will get a visit and the animals will meet their fate."








Watch the short film film and then read the following! I don't want you to be spoiled!

The boy decides to seek his refuge in the imaginary and discovers something there, but in the end he leaves it all behind and goes back to the ordinary life. Quite sad, for a child to be living in an adult world.

I really like it, even though it's a bit depressing. Makes me not want to grow up and keep a tight grip on my imagination, haha. I love the birds though, the last bit of comical relief, their interest in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment