Monday, January 16, 2012

Dreams

This is the first blog entry in which I share something so I wanted to make it something special to start off with!

Yesterday I was reminded of this great video. Yesterday Bobby Chui posted this next tip of the day: "Great things are around the corner if you keep trying hard and keep a positive attitude." 
To which someone replied: "Great things? You mean obstacles! Here I am walking around a corner, and what do I see? A great thing in my way."
To which I replied with a quote from Randy Pausch's last speech about that brick walls/obstacles are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. It's all about finding the motivation to push on where others stop and even though you might like to feel down, try to be positive!

All though this is not exactly on the topic of animation it has very universal messages on accomplishing your own dreams and helping others in accomplishing their dreams.

For someone who I haven't known personally, Randy Pausch has had a lot influence on me. I've watched this speech a couple of times over the years and each time it gets to me and makes me motivated again! I know it's not a short speech, but it's well worth your time. I hope you enjoy it.



No comments:

Post a Comment